Terms & Conditions
- You understand that a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for cancellations, and that the fee will be charged if the deadline is missed Fees
- That the counsellor has supervision for their practice, in line with the code of ethics of the National Counselling Society.
- Counselling is confidential, although there are instances where confidentiality can be broken; if there is disclosure of harm to self or others, or a child or vulnerable adult is at risk.
- Commitment to therapy is needed by you, and investment of time and energy is important for the effectiveness of counselling.
- You are not experiencing suicidal ideation, and that if this were to occur you may need to seek emergency support click here.
- If online counselling is not seen as a suitable means of support you may need to seek other help; with the assistance of the counsellor and to the best of their knowledge and ability.
- Counselling via email or instant messaging is conducted using encrypted services. Confidentiality is not guaranteed if the UK police force are granted access to an email or instant messaging account.
- You will need to be fairly competent and confident in the use of computer technology.
- That a telephone number is needed by the counsellor in case of technological break down.
- That the counsellor may ask to contact your GP, with your permission, in case of emergency.
Covid 19 Policy
- I am advising clients to conduct their sessions remotely, by utilising online therapy mediums like webcam, instant messaging, or email.
- For clients that prefer face to face therapy, and where I can accommodate this: -
- Rooms will be ventilated.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- Social distancing practices will be in place.